An estimated 13,300 youth in Minnesota experience homelessness over the course of a year. They are some of the least visible and most vulnerable people experiencing homelessness. With the cold weather approaching, you can help give HOPE this holiday season by helping ensure that young people are not left out in the cold!
HOPE 4 Youth’s Out of the Cold is a community-wide event raising awareness for youth experiencing homelessness. Out of the Cold participants raise critical funds for HOPE 4 Youth to continue providing pathways to end youth homelessness in our community!
There are many ways to get involved, you can join us for our Out of the Cold celebration and donation drive-thru event on November 16th, plan an hour to spend in the cold between November 1st -and November 16th, or be an hourly sponsor or partner!
Donation Items Needed:
- Microwaveable Meals - Hormel Compleats, Noodle Bowl, Yakisoba, etc.
- Boxed Cereals - Ex. Fruit Loops, Cinnamon Toast Crunch, Coco Puffs, etc.
- Protein Bars - Pure Protein, Chewy, and other granola bars.
- Snack Crackers - Goldfish and Cheez-its
- Hats and Waterproof Gloves
- Gas Cards and Gift Cards
Planning to go out in the cold? We invite you to raise awareness and raise funds for our mission by spending an hour out in the cold. It is easy, follow these steps:
- Create a Fundraising Page - Create a page through by clicking "Start your own Fundraiser" on this page.
- Invite friends, family, and coworkers to participate with you.
- Plan a date and time from Nov. 1 - Nov. 16 to spend an hour in the cold.
- Set a fundraising goal - Make sure to check out what you can earn!
- Share photos and videos to spread awareness and assist you in raising funds. Make sure to share why you are going out in the cold, tag us, and use hashtag #OOC23
The objective is you don’t come Out of the Cold until your fundraising goal is met! If you prefer to not go out in the cold you can simply create a fundraising page and share it with your community to raise funds and earn incentives!
Incentives you can earn: CLICK TO VIEW
Another way to get involved - Hourly Sponsors/Partners: We invite your business or group to sign up as one of our Sponsors/Partners for the Out of the Cold Celebration on November 16th between 4:00 pm and 8:00 pm. Sponsors/Partners will join us for an hour to help collect donations and greet the community. Your business or group will be highlighted in all our marketing materials and on social media!
We'll have some special giveaways and surprise guests to thank you for dropping off donations.
Thanks to the Arrow Giving Foundation, all gifts will be matched up to $10,000!